Friday, May 30, 2008

PISSED TO THE HEIGHT OF PISSTIVITY....

Let me set the scenario...

My daughter is driving my car, it's a two way lane and she's in the right lane. a City of Chicago truck (with the snow plow attached) pulls up beside her (the truck is in the left lane). The city driver commence to make a right turn from the left lane. Now, I know some trucks are really big and need to be in the left lane to turn right, but DON'T YOU MAKE THAT TURN WHEN ALL VEHICLES ARE CLEARED?! AND Chicago has a hands free law (meaning you have to use a hands free device while driving and trying to use your cell phone). THIS CHICKA, DRIVING THE CITY TRUCK WAS ON THE CELL PHONE...YEP, JUST BLATANTLY HAD THE PHONE UP TO HER EAR...NOPE, NO HANDS FREE DEVICE.

OK, so, the police were called to the scene. While the officer was sitting in the police car making out the report, this chicka backed the city truck into the police car..he starts furiously blowing his home...seriously, where did this chick get her drivers license.

I, as instructed by the claims department, sent estimates and the police report into the claim department. I didn't send pictures and now I see that I should have. About two months later, I get a letter the other day stating they are denying my claim! THE HELL YOU ARE!! Nope, the notice didn't say why, just that we are not paying that claim.

I called today to determine why and was told...and I quote "the driver said she was already into her turn and my vehicle pulled in front of her". Now, since your driver said that, does it make it true?! I guess so because they took her word as the gospel truth.

So, I'm going back and forth with the claims department until I finally said that I wanted to appeal the decision. Guess what, the claims department has no appeals process (I know right!). She could only suggest that I sued the city for damages. Anyway, during this long conversation, she explained that according to the police report, my car was hit on either the drivers side door or the drivers side passenger door and if that's the case then the city driver possibly was already into the turn. I could agree with that IF MY CAR HAD BEEN HIT IN THOSE SPOTS! When the truck pulled up and tried to make the right turn, the plow of the truck grabbed and partially ripped of my front bumper. She stopped before the full bumper came off. So the girl at the claims department asked me to send in photos and she will have her supervisor look at the case again. Now, when they see there is no damage to the side of my vehicle and the only damage is to bumper and area around the head light, I wonder what the city will come up with next to get out of paying for the damages.

Sorry peeps, I know this was long but a sista just had to vent!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I AM MAD FOR YOU .. and this has come and gone .. whew..